Thursday, July 28, 2016

Someone Asked If I Could've Written ToG/ACOTAR Better Than Sarah...

I think if I’d had the idea for Throne of Glass, I could’ve done it better based on my technique. BUT. It’s not just technique that makes a book. It’s not even mostly or even half technique. The ideas Sarah J. Maas brought to the book series (so far, anyway; I’m only 2 books in) are something I don’t think I could have created better than she did, and they are what make the series so good.

I think, other than some passive voice (which I only noticed because I’ve been slashing it out of a manuscript I’m editing) in ACOTAR/ACOMAF, there’s no real flaws in them except for the way she describes the sexual aspects, which I skimmed over anyway. And I will say that the aspects of ACOTAR that she took from The Black Jewels were changed in such a way that they were still unique and interesting and I had no issues with the things I noticed coming from TBJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment