Monday, July 18, 2016

Piercings and Tattoos

I’m a chicken and lazy and so I don’t want to pierce my ears because it might hurt and it’s waaay too much work to keep the holes clean and clean my jewelry and remember to put in earrings when I’m supposed to and stuff, but other peeps can do what they want, obviously.

And I don’t want a tattoo. I did for a while to cover up my self-harming scars because I was ashamed of them, which was an issue when I became Mormon, but I thought about it for a long time, and prayed about it, and fasted about it, and realized I was trying to hide my scars because I felt ashamed of the trials they represented, and I didn’t need to be ashamed, so I didn’t really need a tattoo, and just wanting one wasn’t a good enough reason for me to break my covenants.

No comments:

Post a Comment