Friday, June 19, 2015

Whoop (Except Not Really)

My "foster-daughter" (I pseudo-adopted her in high school; I was a senior, she was a sophomore) now has a baby. And she took her baby to the doctor for an appointment and another woman's baby was coughing so loudly in the examination room, it just sounded awful. Like, the baby sounded like "an 80-year-old chainsmoker" to quote my girl, and she would know. And the door was ajar so people heard the doctor say the baby had Whooping Cough.

Whooping Cough. That garbage should've died out in the Edwardian Era before vaccines became so readily available. Maybe it was until the Great Depression, but the Depression ended more than 70 years. There should be no cases of Whooping Cough in a first-world country. And this poor thing had Whooping Cough. Why?

The mother screamed at the doctor that the Whooping Cough vaccine was poison and could give her baby autism. She would rather risk her child dying of a preventable disease than being autistic.

I don't understand this. Someone explain it to me.

Thank everything awesome and holy that my foster-daughter has the common sense to vaccinate her kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment