Friday, June 26, 2015

Weekend Update with LA Knight

So...not much to report. I've got:

HOUSE OF GEARS

- 1 partial (since mid-June)
- 2 fulls (been out since May 8)
- several queries

EIDOLON

- 2 fulls (since beginning/early middle of June)
- several queries

I'm going to be able to update Once Upon a Time, yay!

And I found out something sad. Diana Gabaldon doesn't like fanfiction authors. In fact, she compared us to husband-stealers and drugs addicts. :(  I love Outlander so double-ouch.

FINALLY FINISHED THE WISHING SPELL!
Loved Chris Colfer's debut fairytale for MG. Only issues I had w/ it, honestly, were 2 things.

A) Sometimes (like, maybe 3x) the prose suddenly skews adult-ish but in hokey romantic way, talking about passionate kisses and whatnot and I was kind of like, "Um..." but it wasn't a huge deal.

B) Biggest issue - the MC, Alex, is a bit of a fairytale snob. She talks about how peeps are awful because they don't know the original fairytales (there was a thinly-veiled slam on one of the Cinderella Story films, I think the third one). My only issue w/ this is that Alex is a bit of an H-word (*cough* hypocrite *cough*) because SHE doesn't even know the original versions of some of these stories. Like that Sleeping Beauty had babies because the prince knocked her up while she was out, or that Cinderella had no fairy godmother, or that the Little Mermaid risked death but did not, in fact, die. About 20% of the time I wanted to be like, "Pipe down, child."

Aand I finally got my bestie to read The Hunger Games. Actually, I didn't. Tumblr did. Thank you, Tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment