Saturday, August 6, 2016

Why Do You Hate the Marauders!? (Comment-Question)

*sigh*

Okay, most of Booklr who’s seen any of my posts about the Marauders-era young people probably already know this…but.

Now, when I say Marauders-era peeps, I’m not talking about the Weasley parents (I feel like they’re a bit older than James & Lily were?) or Tonks (she’s quite a bit younger). I specifically mean James, Sirius, Remus, Peter, Snape, and Lily. And we’ll throw in Dumbledouche for kicks because he was headmaster at the time, right? I seem to recall he was.

So that’s…7 people. Why do I hate those 7 people?

Do we really need to ask about Peter, Snape, or Dumbledore? Nah. So that leaves me with four - Sirius, James, Remus, and Lily.

Sirius: a bully and an unrepentant thief, a little creep who picked on other kids (including his so-called friend, Peter, and on Lily), who tried to murder someone for funsies.

James: add the the first 3 things I mentioned for Sirius.

Remus: allowed the first 3 things to happen. Also abandoned his child to go fight in a war (twice) because “oh poor me, I’m a werewolf, my self-loathing and cowardice is more important than being a decent father and husband”

Lily: shacked up with the douche-nozzle mentioned previously. And okay, supposedly she waited until James got his head on straight, but what does that say? Sexually harass a girl for 6 years, profess you’ve had a change of heart in 3 months, and she’ll have your babies, even after you tortured her best friend for years. People say Snape was a lousy friend, and the older he got, it becomes truer and truer. But that b**** was a lousy friend, too.

And yeah, she dies sacrificing herself to protect Harry, but you know who else has sacrificed their lives for their children? Malcolm Merlin, who’s massacred hundreds of people. Marissa Coulter, who helped murdered dozens upon dozens of kids all under the age of 12. Darth Vader risked his life to save Luke. Risking your life to save your child does not make you a hero, because plenty of villains have done it.

Oh, well, they fought Voldemort. So? Regulus Black was a racist little turkey but he gave Voldemort the ultimate f*** you (and good on him, too). You know who else fought Voldemort? Narcissa Malfoy, who would’ve let Harry die if he hadn’t been key to saving her child. The goblins of Gringotts, who torture animals and loathe all wizards to ever exist ever. Fighting Voldemort doesn’t make you a good person, either. Fudge and Scrimgeour would’ve fought Voldy if they could’ve and they are both evil little men.

So yeah, I’m posting this slightly long and hissy answer so that the next time someone asks, I can just link it because I realized I’d never gone into much detail about why I dislike the Marauders so much - because they’re bad people, who are lauded as good people because they were heroes. James, Sirius, and Lupin? They’re just as bad as Snape and Peter. Lily’s not as bad, but she’s still a cutthroat b****. And I know there’s that whole “strong girls are often called b****es,” well yes, they are. So are treacherous ones.

This is why Gen 2 is better. Harry and Ron and Draco, Neville and Ginny and Luna and Hermione, are better people than James, Sirius, Snape, Peter, Lily, and Remus. I love them. Their predecessors suck. All of them.

For the record: if you like the Marauders, fine. I don’t care/mind, I’m not gonna hate you or say you should be ashamed of yourself. People can like what they like. I have a very admittedly critical view of Harry Potter the series anyway. But this is why I don’t like the Marauders and why I wish Lily had stayed single and someone else could’ve been Harry’s mom and Tonks could’ve hooked up with someone better than Lupin who could love her like she deserved.\

No comments:

Post a Comment