Saturday, May 4, 2013

April Favorites, Woot-Woot!

So I've finally gotten around to taking pictures to do a Favorites blog like Lorien does! Yay! So this is my April faves. Yes, I know it's May already. Boo. Don't care, lol! So here we come to save the day! And I look FABULOUS!!
 
So, cosmetics!!!
 

That's not me, by the way, lol. That's my husband holding my favorite perfume, Pretty in Pink! In his mouth...Yeah, I don't know. He wanted to do it that way. I love using the perfume on my hair. It mixes well with my vanilla-and-passion-flower conditioner. My cats are kind of scared of it, though, lol.
 
 
 
My best friend/sister/editor, Lorien, bought me this lotion and it smells AWESOME! It's Berry Flirt from Bath and Body Works. I don't wear it unless I'm going out because my husband says it makes me smell like fruit and it makes him hungry, lol. And yes, that is his hand holding my lotion upside down for some reason...
 
Animals!
 
 
That's my favorite little beastie right there! I love him soooooo much! Isn't he adorable? And so fuzzy. Oh, and that's our cat next to him, lol.
 
Nah, I'm kidding. The black and white baby who looks a bit freaked out is our kitten, Taiki. He's...six months old, I think. He's my favorite kitten. Well, he's our only kitten. He's not actually mine, he belongs to my sister/roommate, but he lives in my apartment and I loves him. <3
 
 
That IS my cat. That's Jake, my Jakers. I loves him soooo much.
 
He's my favorite cat right now because a few days ago I had a complete hysterical breakdown and was sobbing my eyes out. Most cats would be like, "Ahhh! Water from the human's eyeballs! Run away!" Jake pressed himself up to me and was purring and nuzzling me and didn't care a bit that I was soaking him, poor baby. Lol.
 
Only when I'd calmed down did he start bathing himself like, "Ew! Ew! I'm wet! My fur is messed up! Ick!"
 
BOOKS!
 
 
I was supposed to get this for my birthday, but there was a mix-up, so I'm waiting for the Book Fairy to give it to me (hint-hint, Blaine, lol). This is Scarlet, a sci-fi retelling of "Red Riding Hood." It's a sequel to Cinder, which is about "Cinderella." I got this from library...as you can see from the barcode at the top.
 
Apparently this series was inspired by Sailor Moon! You can tell when you read the first book. And yes, that's Jake, still on my husband's head.
 
 
Requiem by Lauren Oliver - last in the Delirium trilogy. I got it for my birthday! Now I'm going to die a horrible, slow and agonizing death because it ends on a cliff-hanger and it's the LAST book but it's EPIC. But my b-day was in April and I squealed a lot when I got it.
 
My hubby likes beating himself in the head with books for some reason...
 

Darcy's Temptations by Regina Jeffers; she ROCKS my socks! I finally finished this book. I've read her first book, Darcy's Passions. Ms. Jeffer's a great Pride and Prejudice writer. Yes, my husband is chewing on that book.
 
Random Stuff
 
 
That is my favorite stuffed animal. My husband bought her for me for my birthday/Easter. Her name is Bun-Bun. And I love my husband. He is my favorite.
 
 
My sister/editor bought this for me at the Gem Show. It was actually from February, but I use it while writing I Hear the Bones Singing, which I've been working on like crazy in March and April, so...yeah. It's cool! The necklace, I mean. It deserved a shout-out even though I didn't get it this month.
 
 
Lastly, my mom took me to the residential school for the deaf in my state, and they put on a modified version of Beauty and the Beast (a play based on the Disney movie). That's the program up there.
 
It was pretty cute. Some of the modifications didn't make sense (like why Belle spoke ONLY in sign language even though she wasn't deaf and knew how to talk) but I enjoyed it. It was ironic because my first movie seen in the theatre, with my mom (just me and her) was Disney's Beauty and the Beast, lol.
 
And...I'm done. Now to read chapter 40 of Lorien L. O'Brien's Warrior - ALSO A FAVORITE!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! A monthly favorites...with Karl...being a goof.

    Seriously, that first picture is hilarious!

    And I bet your cats are scared of your perfume! (For some reason I types your cars...which doesn't make sense...)

    "That's my favorite little beastie right there! I love him soooooo much! Isn't he adorable? And so fuzzy. Oh, and that's our cat next to him, lol."
    lol! ><

    lol, didn't know the part about him bathing himself. Couldn't see anything

    "Yes, my husband is chewing on that book."
    He needs to spit that out! He doesn't know where it's been!!!

    You need to wear what I buy you more often. First you didn't wear that vest and now it's lost, now I have yet to see you wear ONE THING I bought for you at the gem show! Way to show appreciation! :'(

    :)
    Of course my chaps a fav!!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete