Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Last 2 Weeks


Okay, this time I'm doing a "what I did in the last two weeks" because I forgot to do my weekly one and my concept of time is a bit muddled. So this is what I did, work-wise, in the last 13-15 days (basically, since my last post on what I did with myself).



Writing



- Wrote a really long extension to a scene for Once Upon a Time chapter 73

- Wrote a whole new scene for Once Upon a Time chapter 74

- Wrote chapter 75 of Once Upon a Time

- In short, wrote 47,300 words (in 2 weeks)

- Posted chapter 72 of Once Upon a Time (thus requiring me to edit 73 when I started getting questions about the MC's mental state)

- Posted chapter 73 of Once Upon a Time (due to reader responses)

- Posted chapter 74 of Once Upon a Time (same as chapter 73)

- Started writing chapter 1 of I Hear the Bones Singing



Editing



- Super-edited chapter 73 of Once Upon a Time (adding at least 9,000 more words)

- Edited chapter 74 of Once Upon a Time (4 times! Including adding a new scene and revamping two other scenes - twice!)

- Started formatting Glass for upload to Smashwords

- Started formatting Their Forever Family for upload to Smashwords

- Revised my giant list of character bios

- Edited chapter 11 of The Shepherd's Daughter

- Edited chapter 12 of The Shepherd's Daughter

- Edited the prologue of I Hear the Bones Singing



Critiquing (aka editing or reviewing other people)



- Edited chapter 22 of Warrior by the awesome Whisper on the Wind

- Edited 3 pieces by another online writer



Reading



- Read A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

- Read the first 3 volumes of Black Butler

- Started reading Rebel Angels, sequel to A Great and Terrible Beauty

- Started rereading Matched by Ally Condie (woman has a way with words, yo)

- Started reading Mastiff by Tamora Pierce

- Started reading Crossed by Ally Condie

- Started reading Clan of the Cave Bear (I've picked it up, read 10 pages, put it down, and picked it up a bazillion times since 10th grade)

- Went on the prowl for possible new books that might be amazing (Reached by Ally Condie and Sever by Lauren Destefano are coming out soon!)

- Discovered (to my horror) that the book Enclave has a bloody sequel



Other Stuff



- Answered my fanmail

- Went to church

- Made a playlist for Lorien for when she comes over to read

- Did a Google search for Literary Agents and their current 2012 wishlists

- Nagged Lorien for chapter 23 of Warrior

- Did the dishes for my mom

- Talked to the brilliant WhenNightmaresWalked on Facebook about literature and my own works (she gives awesome critiques)

- Google-searched 7 literary agent wishlists for 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment